WEEK 2: 6 WEEK AT-HOME CROSSFIT INSPIRED WORKOUTS {Fitness/Video of the Week}

Happy MONDAY!

Hope your weekend was BOMB!

I will be posting about my fun sisters weekend tomorrow AND I am hoping to have posts planned and scheduled for the rest of the week!!

I will be at ALT SUMMIT (the blog conferences of blog conferences) all week BUT NEVER FEAR…follow the party on my instagram

@simplysadiejane

I also add fitness tips and tricks throughout the week that you don’t want to miss out on!

So…let’s be instagram friends! DONE AND DONE!

Before you look at the workouts for WEEK 2…check out this makeshiftghettovideo that I made to show you all the movements that are included in these workouts!

I had numerous requests for a how-to video, so I threw one together…don’t judge the quality..it’s pretty ghetto BUT it gets the job done!

He’s the PINNABLE WEEK 2 PLAN!

week2-1

GOOD LUCK
and remember to email me if you have any questions!!

FIND THE OTHER WEEKS BELOW

WEEK 1

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

WEEK 5

WEEK 6

• Denni

Hi,

If I haven’t a pullups bar what other exercise can I do??

Thanks!

• AlyssaJ

Do dips if you don’t have a pull up bar. Get yourself a chair,set your heine on the very edge, place your hands on either side of the chair to support your body weight, make your legs a strong 90 degree angle (thighs parallel with thefloor, then scoot your rear end of the end of the chair and use your arms and legs to dip down as far as you can go towards the floor and then back up (lock your arms each time you come up). Try to use your arms more than your legs that way you get more of a workout and burn in them.

• Heather

That video…DAY-UM. You go girl. Is there a way to print this out, like a PDF, so I can follow along. I’m a beginner and can not remember all these new exercises. I guess I could scribble them down, but I wondered if you had something already. My email is hokifam at gmail dot com. Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

• Alli

What are the cleans are day 3? TY!

• Lindsie

Love these workouts I have always wanted to try crossfit but have been a little hesitant about it. I was wondering if I didn’t have a bike could I use a elliptical machine instead?

• Sadie Jane Sabin

TOTALLY!!! That will work great!!

• Analisa ocampo

Quick question I don’t have a bar to do the cleans what can I do or can I do them with weights?

• sara

I am lost with cleans too…. can I do those with hand weights?

• Sadie Jane Sabin

To perform a clean hold the hand weights down by the side of your legs. Squat down and then stand back up and as your rising back up you’ll want to bring the weight up to your chin/chest. Then lower the weights back down to the side of your legs and squat back down and repeat. The purpose of the clean is to take an object from the ground and bring it up to your chest. GOOD LUCK!

• Amy Godwin

I work out alone, so weighted push-ups are not an option for me…..do I just stick with regular push-ups?

• Amanda

On day 4 when you do the weighted one leg lunge, do you alternate legs during the reps?
    Thank you for spending time making this work out plan! I’m so excited to get in shape!

• maxim stefan cristian

Day 4 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 with every leg meaning 20 reps fot first time? and wath time should i take for rest betwuin thous 10 series.tks!

• Erin Falcon

Sadie Jane:
    Do I just try to do a pull up 10 times or is there an alternative to pull ups? I can do 0. Let me know what is best. I start week two on Tuesday! Wahoo!!! Thanks

• Anna

I can also do zero pull ups, lol! I ended up doing inverted pull ups instead. So basically, I stand on a stool, hold my weight up and (as slow as I can) I drop my weight. So instead of a pull UP, it’s more of a let down. Then I step back up, pulling as much as I can with my arms and let my weight down again. It is working the same muscles as a pull up so… in theory…. I should eventually be able to do some real pull ups 😉

• jen

I dont get the the front squat and weighted lunges one day 4.
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-2-1?????
    Can someone please explain?
    Thank you!

• Ala'a

On average how many calories do you burn per day on these workouts?

• Jenny

Hi there, I was wondering if you have workouts for the gym? I do these at my gym but I would like to use weights. I used to go to crossfit as well but way too expensive. I go to a regular gym and would like to do it there.

• Sam

You go girl! I still am weak on my pushups so I’ll have to work on that to improve in my WODs without stopping. You’re an inspiration!

• Holly

I don’t understand what to do on day 4 of week 2! Further instruction would be great! Do I do a front squat for 10 reps then a weighted one leg lunge for 10 reps followed by the same thing 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1?

• Jane

Did you ever find an answerer for this?

• sadie

Hi Jane! What is your question again?

• Amber Balogi

Do you have a printable table of weeks 2-6 like you have in week one? All the versions I see for weeks 2-6 do not have a place to record your time.

• Michelle

I love these workouts! They are taking me back to my college tennis training days. They are absolutely awesome! Sorry to bug you, but can you please clarify day 4 of week 2? Thanks so much for your time; -)

• shanell

After 1 week, since it is only a 6 day work out per week, does that mean rest the 7th day or start over to the next week?

• Sadie Jane

Yes. It’s meant to have a rest day. Your body needs to rest with all the working out.

• Tara

I would love to buy a bar and weights for Cleans. What do you suggest in terms of initial weight to start with and what should the weight of the bar be?

Thanks!

• Sadie Jane

I would buy a 45lb Barbell with 5lb, 10lb, 25lb, and 45lb weights

• Genevieve

Are the pull-ups supposed to be kipping or strict?

• Sadie Jane

You can do either. I would recommend Kipping because you’ll get a good cardio workout.

• Patti

LOVE that I have found this! Can you please, please, please give me further instruction on Week 2 Day 4? I understand the 10, 9, 8 etc part I think, but I don’t understand are we to do 10 front squats followed by 10 weighted lunges EACH leg, rest then 9 front squats 9 weighted lunges each leg etc??

• Sami

I wasn’t sure exactly how to do the weighted pushups. I don’t have weight plates, what would I use?

• Sadie Jane

Take a backpack and fill it with weighted objects. Like cans of soup. They are easy to take in and out and weigh the same per each can. Good Luck!

• Ailed

Will you be posting more workouts after the 6 week program ?

• Lala

Yes, I think we are all in need of clarification still on Week 2, Day 4 please!

• sadie

Everyone, sorry about the confusion with Day 4 in week 2. So you’ll do 10 front squats than 1 weighted lunge than 9 front squats than 2 weighted lunges. When it says ‘1 lunge’ than do a lunge on each leg. So in essence your doing double the lunges. Hope that helps.

• Amy

I can’t do a single pull up. What do I do to build up to one?

• Diana Ayub

Love you’re site thank you for everything you do. I’m on week 2 day 4 following Paleo lost 10lbs already feel very good and extremely happy. Do you recommend any Paleo books?

• sergio

amazing!

Thanks for the marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it,
    you can be a great author.I will remember to bookmark your blog and will come back down the road.

I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great writing, have a nice afternoon!

pingbacks / trackbacks