6 WEEK AT-HOME CROSSFIT INSPIRED WORKOUTS: WEEK 1 {Fitness}

PHOTO CREDIT: TRUEATELIER.COM follow them on INSTAGRAM @trueatelier @chantrikeele @nicolerklingler

HERE ARE THE LINKS TO ALL THE OTHER WEEKS! ENJOY!

WEEK 2

WEEK 3

WEEK 4

WEEK 5

WEEK 6

Before I start on my fitness rant and spill off my thoughts on weight lose onto this canvas I call my blog, I just feel like I need to give a little shout out to my girls over at Albionfit.com! No no no, this isn’t a sponsored post…BUT I recently received another amazing outfit from them and I felt like this post was the perfect post to share it because I was able to see my fitness progress more on these photos than I’ve really been able to before! It’s a beautiful thing to feel comfortable in your own skin and comfortable enough to show that body of yours off…in a tasteful manner of course! I love this outfit because it makes me feel confident enough to wear such a form fitting outfit from head to toe! I can feel confident wearing tight candy apple colored leggings because they are so slimming and the fabric is so high quality it keeps everything tight and in place!

sadie jane studio dec 102albion1

I never thought I would feel and look better than I ever have AFTER having 2 kids! I’ve always lived a healthy lifestyle and be involved with athletics but even though I continued doing CrossFit throughout my pregnancy with Baylor, I still gained 60 pounds!! HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN!?! Straight up people…I have no idea! Pregnancy was one of the most beautiful, amazing, glorious blessings I have been able to experience but it was also one of the hardest things that my bodies been through PHYSICALLY . After having my little boy, I knew I had a long way to go…and after months and months of clean eating and CrossFit workouts, the weight came off! TO LEARN MORE ABOUT MY JOURNEY (CLICK HERE) Then after my baby weight was off I set new goals and continued to lose weight! This journey has been the most empowering and fulfilling experience! I have fought many mental battles and although some battles were lost, the weight lose war was won! (yes, I am adding cheesy figurative language to this post) I’m not anywhere near done and with each goal accomplished, I eat a cupcake, and make more goals!! About 9 months ago my husband and I sadly said goodbye to our CrossFit gym that we were attending and started building a CrossFit gym in our garage! (CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE) and (HERE TOO!) We have learned SO much over the last 9 months and it’s been SO fun to share some of that with all of you!! In October I was asked to speak about my fitness journey at the Pinners Conference in Salt Lake City, UT!! I decided to make my class all about HOW TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH YOUR BUSY SCHEDULE! I knew all too well about trying to lose the weight with everything INCLUDING working part time outside the home! This class was a way for me to finally blog about and document all I had been doing within the last year to transform my body! READ PART 1: NUTRITION, PART 2: EXERCISE, PART 3: PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER

weightlose weightlose1

SabinWorkout_94 SabinWorkout_131

As much as I LOVE my CrossFit garage gym, I soon realized that even those posts about my at-home gym weren’t being AS helpful as they could be! I mean some of you women might not have a garage to workout in, or a husband that has time to bust out a DIY pull-up bar, or maybe you’re a home body and you want to find a way to get results in the COMFORT of your own home! A friend of my, Kristen from Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke (you guys need to head over to her blog to get a 6 week check list printable) emailed me about 2 months ago, asking me to put together a 6 week CrossFit inspired at-home plan that didn’t require any equipment other than some hand weights and a jump rope!! Let’s be completely honest here guys, this was tough! But with my husbands help, we busting it out and sent it her way!! Now that she has started her journey I cannot wait to share with you what we came up with! Whoever you are and whatever your story may be, this new PINNABLE 6 week at-home CrossFit plan is sure to benefit even the fittest person! My husband and I have personally put together EVERY ONE of these workouts and let me just say right now, they are tough!! I did the workout already for today and it was HARD!! BUT, that’s the point!! I want all of you to strive to do your best during these workouts and if you have to modify it a bit than you can!! There are 6 workouts a week on this plan…if you haven’t worked out a day in your life…this will kill you. I mean it will physically make you die! HAHA JK…but it will be really tough, SO…the biggest part about this plan is to SET GOALS!! Set yourself a goal to workout 3 times a week at first and than increase to 4 times a week as you go through this program!! I will be here for you every step of the way!! Email me your questions if you’re not sure what a specific movement is or how to do it! When I’m not able to make it to the gym, I will do one of these workouts with you all and post about it! There is NO REASON we can’t gain inspiration from each other every step of the way! Follow me on instagram @simplysadiejane to gain some motivation and drive!

I want to follow your 6 week journey as well!!! Post about it by using the hashtag #6weekstofab

Remember to PIN this to your pinterest board and email me for any questions!

HUGE SHOUTOUT to my best gal pal Rachael for putting this AMAZING image together for me! She’s like the photoshop queen!!

FOR ALL MY NEWBIES OUT THERE!!!

WOD: means Workout Of Day

…and the number sequence 5-5-5-5-5 or 21-15-9 means how many times you do that movement so for the Day 1: STRENGTH you do 5 rounds of 5 weighted squats and for the WOD portion: you do 21 jumping squats, 21 pushups, 21 mountain climber and 21 situps…THEN…you do 15 of all those and then 9!!!

EMOM: Every Minute On the Minute! So if you have to do 10 burpees EMOM, you start at the beginning of one minute and BUST OUT those 10 burpees then rest UNTIL the start of the next minute!!

DOUBLE UNDERS: this is just jump roping but you swing the jump rope twice under your feet when you jump up! This took me MONTHS to master! Singles work great as well!

Does that make sense?…email if you have any questions!

I ended up making a really ghetto video that explains all the movements involved in the at-home workouts! ENJOY!

week1-1

• Kaci

Saw your announcement yesterday and I’m so glad I remembered to stop back today! So excited to get started!!! Could you maybe do a rundown for a crossfit newbie like me??? What does the 5-5-5.. mean??? 21-15-9? Thank you so much!!!!!

• Miranda Pridgeon

I also need clarification on the 5-5-5 & 21-15-9. I’m a noob but crossfit is something I really want to try and this plan looks awesome! Also things such as the EMOM, and Double Unders…would a google search be able to tell me what these are?

• Sadie Jane Sabin

I edited the post and answered them all for you!! :) I was going to do a FAQ post but I can just answer all the questions now!!

• Linsey Maxson

Hey Sadie, thank you for all this! You are inspiring! Sorry, even with your edits, I still don’t get the 5-5-5-5-5…. how many reps each time? Only 5? How much weight? Thank you!

• Kendra

Each number counts as a round. So it goes 1st round-2nd round-3rd round.. And so on. Then the actual number 5 is how many reps (how many times you do the movement) you do in that round. So for that one, you would do 5 rounds of 5 reps. So for 21-15-9 you would do three rounds. The 1st one you would do 21 reps, the 2nd one 15 reps, and the third one 9 reps. I hope this makes sense! (:

As for the weight, whatever you feel comfortable with. Well not comfortable (; but don’t start with so much you injure yourself!

• Kenzi Musso

Do you diet?? If so what would you recommend?!?!

• Sadie Jane Sabin

I revised the post a bit and answered your questions!! Check it out! So glad you are excited!!

• Grace

How long do you rest in between the 5 weighted squats, before starting the next 5?

• Chandell Kelly

Hi! I just started this 6 week program yesterday. Wondering how fast you are suppose to do each exercise? Am I suppose to be going as fast as I can? Also, how much weight loss should be expected at the end of the 6 weeks?

Thanks!

Chandell

• Jennie Finken

Go at your pace really! I learned to not rest more then a minute between sets.

• brittany
  • hailey

i am so excited to do this workout! will be sharing on my blog soon!

• Tasha Westensee

I have started following your blog and have been AMAZED at your transformation. I have always been an athlete (basketball/soccer ). When I look at old pictures I think “wow I was in the best shape of my life than”… Than I had 2 kids (14.5 months apart). I’m finally at a weight I am happy with (give or take 5lbs) but I’m not “fit” like I would like. I always always interested in crossfit, and I am SO excited to see this at home, little equipment required! I understand your a mama of two… I think it would be fabulous if you just did a quick video of every “move” showing just once or twice. I guess I could always just YouTube the moves as well :)

• Brandi H

Ahhh! My legs are burning! Day 1… Done.

• Angelique

This is just what I was looking for…something new to try and get me back into a routine at home. I have done Days 1 & 2 and I am exhausted tonight!!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us :)

You look amazing and those pictures are so cool. I am very very impressed with that transformation!

• Amanda

I’m so glad you are doing this!! I really need that extra push to help me loose the last bit of baby weight and the extra marriage weight. In college loosing weight and staying skinny was so easy for me but now, well, not so much. I cant wait to start this, and see some results!

Amanda @ Happily Ever After

• Fernanda

Hi I would love to start this routine, but I have a question what’s the 4×400 meter sprint!?

• Anna

Sprint 400m (close to a 1/4 mile) four times. I rested two mins between

• Sarah

Great workouts!! Just what I need! But I’m only finding week 1 of the 6 week workout… Could you point me the right way?

• Jemma Jay

wow, those before and after pictures are crazy, you don’t even look like the same person! (it is all you, 100%, right? like, no photoshop or ANYTHING other than you??)

crazy amazing results girl.

may I ask, how long did it take you to get from the before pic stage to the after pic stage? (i.e. how much time between those photos)
    AAAND, was it daily workouts? hardcore?? or just the 6-weeks thing?

very interesting

• katelin

Would Love to start this, just wondering where I can find the rest of the weeks?? Thanks!

• Erin Hankins

Day 1 & 2 done on week 1….125 lunges, 125 burps, 80 push ups, 5 bear crawls, 25 weighted squats….etc. Day 3 better be easier!! :-) Thank you so much for the workouts — I think I have a LOVE/HATE relationship with this program.

• Chantelle

Question: Were you nursing your second baby while doing these workouts and losing so much weight? (You look awesome by the way) Just curious if you had issues with milk production or anything like that.

• Cassie

I nurse my child too, this should definitely not effect your supply! Exercising and eating right is a good thing even when nursing, just remember that you do need to take in extra calories everyday. Just don’t take any supplements, you’ll be fine! :)

• Keri

I am definitely a newbie and need some clarification on day 2…25 lunges 25 feet and 25 bear crawl 25 feet? Do I bear crawl a distance of 25 feet 25 times? And do 25 sets of walking lunges covering 25 feet? Thanks so much!

• Shawna

I was wondering the same thing. we modified this workout when we did it yesterday. we only did four rounds, and my hubby, a VERY FIT fireman struggled.

• Sadie Jane Sabin

Thanks for the questions guys! I know this was written a bit confusing and I’m sorry about that!!! To answer your question…it’s suppose to be 25 feet! SO do the bear crawls and the lunges for 25 feet!! Some of these workouts are more difficult than others but you can do it!

• Julie Sera

I’m super excited to start this work out plan tomorrow!! So glad I stumbled upon your Pins! Very inspirational!!
    I just had a question to clarify Day 6, WOD 10 min 15 air squats 10 push ups. Does this mean EMOM as above?
    Thanks!
    Julie :)

• Anna

I can’t tell you how happy it made me to read that you still gained 60 pounds while Crossfitting through your pregnancy! I’m so sorry–I’m not happy you gained weight I’m just slightly freaking out because I’m only at 7 months/28 weeks and although I was Crossfitting religiously I’ve still gained a ton of weight! I just decided to take a break from the Box I had been going to because my body is not feeling it so I’m going to do some arm workouts and walking at home…but as soon as I deliver and get the go ahead I’m going to try your 6 week plan! Awesome site glad I found you! :)

• Sarah

Would you mind if I featured this 6 week program on my blog? I just found your site on Pinterest and am so excited to do your program! I was about the same weight after baby #2 and would love to get to my goal size, and get in great shape, ASAP! I’ve been doing BodyRock workouts but need to change things up :)

• Michelle Sangster

My goodness…you beat me to it! I am 35 weeks pregnant, have been CrossFitting for 5 years (about 5x a week) prior to getting pregnant and am worried how I am going to get back on track after with the new baby and full time job. I was considering starting a blog myself since I didn’t see anything I can relate to online….then I found you!!! Awesome job girl! LOVE LOVE LOVE the home gym. My husband and I want to build something similar however I won’t stop going to a box because that is my social life (I work from home)

Long story short….you are going to be the first blog I follow. Just need to figure out what to “click” to follow this blog. Haha!

• Jennifer Mahan

Ok I am wanting to start this Monday, and I understand the 5-5-5-5 but here is a possibly dumb newbie question what does this one mean? 8-5-3-5-8?

• amor

I need help with this one also.

• Alex S

You do one round with 8 reps, one with 5 reps, and one with 3 reps, then you go back up in the next round and do one with 5 reps, and another with 8 reps!
        Hope this helps!

• Alex S

Hope this helps!

• Stefanie

Day 2 nearly killed me!! Lol great workout!

• Yvette Carter-Squire

Hey!

I stumbled upon your post on (you guessed it!) Pinterest.
    I just want to say Thank You.
    Thanks for putting up a workout that is challenging but no daunting. Thank you for being real, as well as realistic, in both your goals and your progress.
    You’ve inspired me to finally live up to my athletic potential.
    I’ve always played sports competitively, and always been healthy, but I’m finally ready to say goodbye to the extra weight.

Thank you.

• Kim

WOW. Everything about you inspires me, I can’t put it into words so I won’t try. THANK YOU for this, it happens to be just what I was looking for. MOTIVATED beyond belief now.

• Audrey

Newbie questions…how much weight for the weighted squats? And what is an air squat? Thanks for these! Just finished day one and am so excited!!

• Crystal

Sadie-
    I found your exercises through Pinterest. I have been away from the gym for many months (+25lbs) and am pretty sick and tired of being sick and tired. Tomorrow I will be on day 5 of your program. I am SO HAPPY I found this. Besides the fact that every muscle protests when doing any sort of movement- I am already seeing an improvement in my stamina! The first workout had me almost passing out twice! Today I was able to push myself and run two miles! It’s been over 5 years since I ran two miles! I am learning firsthand about what your body can do despite what your brain tells you. I was in so much pain after day two, that I couldn’t believe I was supposed to do 80 sit ups day three. BUT I DID. I am learning the meaning of mind over matter, and I feel like I am rockin’ this program! I just wanted to give you a quick shout-out for creating this fitness plan. I am very grateful to have something broken down into attainable steps. Thank you to Sadie, and your husband!

• JK

Loved ur ghetto video!! After that… I think I’m actually gonna try.. Cuz after just reading I was seriously like WTF??!? Hahahaha sorry! But yeah thank u!! I need this!!! <3

• JK

Ok! I will say! Ur video really put together on what I needed to do.. I didn’t realize how badly it will quick my ass.. U made it look sooo eassssy.. Hahahah I feel like a joke.. So I’m thinking I should try one more know day no.1 tomorrow.. Will that b still good?? I couldn’t really do a push up.. That how bad I am >___< I'm determined tho.. That's why I'm not waning to go to day no.2 yet.. I wanna make sure I got day one even if it takes me a week.. I didn't expect to have a high heart rate after just the 5-5-5-5-5 squats!! Like if I was running wow!! I'm in bad shape huh?? Lol.. I will do it!! Thank u!! (I'm still on he por after the sit-ups) hahah I'm not sure I. Can get up =P

• JK

Grr I hate autocorrect! Makes me look so dumb! I need to red before I hit the comment button next time = plz for vive my smartass iPhone

• Whitney Bonnesen

Where can I find your email?

• Jfiller

I love this. I’ve been doing this with a little cardio as well and a paleo diet. I feel better and I’m getting in shape quickly. I have two small children and my husband and I both work full time so this was an awesome quick reference!

• Andrea

Wow. My body is pretty close to your before body. I’ve also had 2 kids, I was actually losing my baby weight by working out until my parents divorced (it was messy and I my stress levels have been maxed out since). After that the weight starting piling back on. I was around 105-110 (I’m 5’4″) before kids, I’m currently 150lbs, having lost 5lbs recently. If I could get to 115 I’d be happy, mainly I just want to feel healthy again (but fitting into cute clothes is definitely a plus). Thanks for being a realistic inspiration! I’ll definitely try your routine, hope I can’t stick with it this time :)

• Julie

Sadie I had a question. What size weights do you use? And if you dont have weights would it be similar to use like textbook or something similar weight? Also do you have a video showing the difference between the doubles and singles unders?

• Zoe Copeland

How much weigh would you suggest for a beginner?

• B

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for. 2 yrs ago I did a 6 week CrossFit class for women. It killed me but I saw amazing results and have been wanting to do it at home(bc classes are just too darn expensive). This is laid out so I can understand it! Thank you for making it so organized and easy to read!!!

• molly

You just saved me so much money! More time with my boys too!! Bye bye expensive crossfit class!!! Thank you so much!! Just what I’ve been looking for!

• Analisa ocampo

Me again! Ok so I’m on week 2 day 4 and I’m. In love love love with crossfit but I wanted to ask you do I do a 10 front squats and 10 weighted lunges alternating legs or each leg ten times ? And them 9-8-7etc? Thanks for replying!!!

• dc

Do I have to do all 6 days?

• Stephanie

Someone may have already asked…. What type, or how long, of a warm up/cool down stretch do you recommend for the workouts listed?

• melissa mcclain

So glad I found this post. As a working mom of 4 very busy kids and former athlete in HS and College, this is perfect for me. I need something simple that doesn’t require a lot of equipment and that I can do at home. Thanks for posting this. I can’t wait to give it a try.

• Maggie

Great workout! Much like the Nike Training App and other Circuit training plans I love. One form suggestion: guard against swaying the lower back on the low part of burpees to avoid down pressure on the lower back. Think fast plank — where the core is as tight as possible.)

• Jennifer

Wish I would have read this before I did all those burpees! My lower back is killing me!

• R Bruggs

I just wanted to say thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking for good at home workouts to do. I am at the end of the first week and feeling great! Can’t wait for the next 5 weeks! :)

• Adena Burnette

Do you have a printable format of the 6 week workouts? I don’t have internet access in my home ‘gym’ and I’d love to start today with the Day 1 Week 1 set! :) You are so inspriational! WAY TO GO! Gives me hope!!!

• Amber

What would be a good alternative to sprints and running?

• jeannine

Thank you for the 6 week workout! It is my Easter goal to do every exercise. (Except the 10k. But maybe that will change? I did end up doing a 5k that I didn’t think I could do last time I started a workout “program.”)
    AND
    Thank you for letting us know that you thought it was hard. I think that was helpful for me, because even though I looked at day 1 and thought, “How hard can that be?” I thought it was hard and was grateful that you also acknowledged the tough part of the workout.

• Lynniejo

That looks so rigorous! I started a home workout program using weights and some of the other strength exercises you use and ended up in physical therapy for a damaged biceps tendon. Any suggestions for those of us with aging and weak joints? I’m so afraid of hurting myself again! Also nervous about my knees. I’m 46 and a bit overweight. Would losing weight help lower my risk of injury?

• Vicki

I am 66 and I started cross fit 2 years ago. It is the best thing I ever did for myself. I am very careful because I don’t want to get hurt. There are many times the I just have to baby my knees or something else. Many times younger people don’t understand that as we get older we do have to be careful. Push yourself but your body will tell you when to stop. When I started I couldn’t do a sit-up withour my feet under weights and a weight in my hands and now I do 100 sit-ups with no problem. If I can do it at 66 anyone can.

• Jane

I found your blog through Pinterest and just finished the first week of the workouts. Can’t wait to do week number 2!!

• Jhenisse Moreno

I started this program on Monday with yesterday being day 2. I could NOT do all 5 rounds!! :( I was only able to get through 2 so I did 3 set of 25 jumping jacks. Is there a way to better ease your body into doing that much?? It was great exercise! I just started feeling lightheaded like I was pushing myself to hard. My husband could only do 3 rounds!

• Missy

This is awesome!!! Starting tomorrow!!!

• Carolyn

Hello! I’ve been looking for crossfit at home WODs that actually have a good variety and include some strength/weight exercises…and I stumbled across your page this afternoon. Just finished Day 1, and just HAD to stop by and say THANK YOU!!

• Stacy Lemons

I am currently 24 weeks preggers and want to get back in shape ASAP after baby comes. Did you start this 6 week program 2 days postpartum?? I am still crossfitting as of now and don’t plan to stop.. I did it for about a year before conceiving.

• Mindi Holloway

I just started your 6 week plan. It is kicking my butt(has a lot of area to cover). I am wondering if it is alright that I can’t do all the rounds yet, or do push-ups on my knees, or take a few breaks in between and then come back. I am not strong enough to do it as written yet.
    I have not developed the love part of the love-hate relationship with burpees yet. That will happen right?

Mindi :)

• Adriana

How many calories do u burn doing these workouts?

• Kelsey

Okay so I really like this blog… I wasn’t able to do all of the sets but I mean I have to start somewhere right? Thank you for such a specific blog that explains thing. I cant wait to come back for more. It sure looks like you have helps lot of people too which must feel great! Okay last thing, the picture of you and your husband kissing is so adorable my boyfriend has been so supportive of me doing this weight loss/ getting healthy that he is doing it with me! it should be a great (but HARD) 6 weeks! thanks so much again!

• Hamta

Can i get six pack with only This plan??

• lulu

This looks amazing, do you have a printable version of the work out?

• kati

I was really excited to start looking at a fitness regiment that I could do from home and lose the few baby lbs still being carried and more importantly not have a pooch! But than I realized I would never be able to as I have had 3 knee surgeries prior to the age of 30 (and Dr highly recommending minimal impact on knees), apparently lack of cartilage is not a good thing. That being said would you have a section that I have not found that would be more low/no impact on my knees? I feel like it is impossible to get my shape back being so limited.

• Theresa Baker

I was wondering how this could be modified for people with wrist issues, any ideas?

• bithday party

Howdy! This post couldn’t be written any better!
    Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will
    have a good read. Thanks for sharing!

• Cinnamon

Glad I found this!

I’ve actually been lifting for quite sometime 1 1/2yrs), I have been getting great results, but also notice a decline in results. Frustrating….so! I need MORE!

I don’t have time OR money to join a gym and am fortunate enough to have equipment at home….I did the first day today! Tiring, but I loved it :)

Also, I am 42, I have given birth to 6 children(4 still living at home) & i have 4 grandchildren, I’m 5’3″, 116 lbs….if I can do it, so can you! :)

• Gina

This is awesome! I just started working out at the gym again to get myself motivated to lose weight. I think I’ll start doing this routine in the mornings. Good way to start the day! Your transformation is amazing! You look fantastic and I hope I get the same results. Thanks so much for posting!

• Chandell Kelly

Thanks!

Chandell

• maria

Hi I have a question about the meter sprints. I don’t understand it?

• Cinnamon

Hi Maria, I don’t know if you received a reply yet….400 meters is a quarter of a mile. You sprint for a quarter of a mile then rest for two minutes, keep doing that 4 times & when your finished you’ll have sprinted a mile :)

• Samantha MacQueen

Any equipment recommendations? Should we be using barbells for the squats, etc.?

• Teri Long

I want to say Thank You for sharing your success, taking the time to prepare your video, and for empowering me. Started day 1 today and I feel great.

• Tracy

Hi Sadie,
    I just started this 6wk workout and I’m super excited. I go to the gym but I was also looking something else to spice up my workouts. I was just wondering the days you do these workouts is that all you do? Reason I ask is that I finished the day1 workout pretty fast. Not that I didn’t sweat or feel the burn because I did. I was just wondering if you recommended additional workouts if we feel we can?

• Erica

2 questions – on the 21-15-9 how long of a rest in between and for the 400 meter sprints, do you mean to sprint a whole 1/4 mile? I don’t know if I’m capable of that :/

• Shaneise

Hi Sadie I am 2 weeks into the 6 week challah thank you so much for giving me encouragement and information on how to lose weight and get fit. On day 2 week 2 it says Cleans I was wondering what those are?

Thanks
    Shaneise

• Michelle

do you have a printer friendly version that i am able to print out and take with me to the gym?

• Sadie Jane Sabin

It is coming soon!!!

• Anna

On week one, day 6, is that AMRAP or EMOM?

• Sadie Jane Sabin

It is an AMRAP

• Anne

Great information and very inspiring!!!! The weekly schedule is easy to understand and the video is great – thank you for breaking down and explaining the moves.

I’m getting ready to start the 6 week program but haven’t exercised in a year. I wanted to know if I should modify the first week so I don’t over do it and progress up to the full amounts?

Thanks for your input!!!!

• Juliann

Just started week one 5 weeks after my second csection. Thank you for the inspiration and the workouts! Im looking forward to working out each day!

• Parul

Did day 1 today I have done and left a lot of things along the way and I really hope to get hooked with crossfit just so that I can get back to my slimmer self and FINALLY get stronger. I am still doing the girly pushups (I know). Thanks for putting this together.

• Nerea

Your 6 week at-home crosffit looks great! I discovered it yesterday and i’ve started today. Can’t wait to repeat tomorrow and continue until the end of the program. thank you!

• karl jhoson

Hey Guys,This blog has a lot of information we can get.I am following this site in 6 weeks plans for cross-fit style at-home workouts.

• Katie

Your transformation is amazing. Do you have a blog on the basics of eating healthy/diet? I want to start this but know my diet needs a tune up (can’t stop the cravings for sweets). Thanks!

• Elaine

I was wondering if this work out is good while you are pregnant. Also, how long would you wait after post partum to start back up again?

• Anna

How long should these workouts take?

• Christina

I’ve been doing this workout and I absolutely love it! Thank you for working so hard to create a really do-able at home workout plan.

I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a warm-up or stretching after? I am making up some of my own things to do for each, but I would love to know if you had anything you would recommend.

• Sharon

There’s nothing “ghetto” about your video tutorial. It was very helpful to me! Seeing an actual visual performance of these exercises improved my motivation to try them! Thanks!

Good post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
    I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
    Appreciate it!

• Cooper

I just started to follow this route on Tuesday and so far I am in pain (a good pain) I was not able to do all of the Burpees for day 2 is there a trick to making them easier?

• Elizabeth

Just a quick question! How much should the hand weights weigh? I’m a beginner and I haven’t done any previous lifting but I want to try and get the best results possible at the end of the six weeks. Any suggestions?

• website

Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to know so much
    about this, like you wrote thee ebook in iit or something.

I feel that you just cann do with a few percent to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, tha is fantastic blog.
    An excellent read. I’ll certainly be back.

• Adeline

I have diastasis recti so sit ups are not a good option for me. Do you have recommendations for someone who needs to strengthen their core without further injuring it?

• Cheyenne Jones

• Cheyenne Jones

Hi. I’m Cheyenne and I’m thinking of trying this workout. I have one problem… I have a lot of trouble with the right side of my pelvis due to a tragic wreck back in January. I am determined to loose the weight I gained thanks to the wreck, (62 lbs…) I’m hoping to loose 40 lbs but I have one tiny problem… I may be pregnant… I have to wait to get tested and find out but as soon as I know I will be careful. Any advice to go along with this program? If so txt me @ 2295609953 or comment here…. Thanks… :-)

• Amber Balogi

Your WOD’s are awesome! I just completed week 1. I have a 9 month old and pretty much did Crossfit throughout my entire pregnancy and I felt great. Now it is just hard to find the time to get to the box, so I’ve been looking for structured WOD’s for at home. Starting week 2 tonight! Thank you!

• Sarah Marshall

super super EXCITED about starting your new plan. It looks awesome and totally doable I am super pumped! Cant wait to get my room mate to do it with me!!
    Also, that bag you just put on Instagram is AMAZEBALLS. Personally, I keep cliff bars & lavender hand wipes on me wherever I go so that is what I am going to say for the entry. Hahaha…no idea about the combination but it makes me feel super adulty.

• Katherine

What is the 21-15-9 on day one?

• Kisha

Love the workout! I have been trying to figure out how Crossfit works and this post has been very helpful for a beginner like me. Crossfit lingo makes the whole thing seem kind of scary but you broke it down beautifully. Thank You. Do you have a PDF version of the 6 week workout so that I can have it on hand rather than fumbling with my phone or laptop? If you posted it, I apologize, I must have missed it.
    Thank You!

• home designs

If you want to obtain much from this article then you
    have to apply these methods to your won webpage.

• Katie

i have been looking, and looking for an at-home cross fit program that uses minimal equipment but still as effective. So THANK YOU for taking the time to share this with readers! Can’t wait to get started :)

• Sandra

Sadie,

I’m so glad I stumbled upon your blog! I got into crossfit about a year before I got pregnant with our first child and absolutely LOVED it. But, since then, we’ve moved and the gyms here are uber expensive, and I’m finding it harder to break away from the little one to workout (I’m also working full time, so that doesn’t help :p). In an off-handed comment, my husband said “I can probably build you a crossfit area for what membership costs” ($170/month is the rate for the closest box to us). Sooooo…I’m wondering how much you spent building yours (rough estimate, I’m sure it’s more than $170). I did see the 2 posts on what equipment you bought and the how-to’s, so that’s awesome!

Also, any tips on building up to a hand stand? That was initially one of my goals pre-baby, but I wouldn’t even really know where to start!

Thanks again!
    Sandra

• Nancy Russel

Really great photos, Sadie! Keep the posts coming. Wish you all the best!

• nikki

I am loving these workouts. I am on day 3 and love how I am pushing myself through them. I could use a little advice. This past month I have been running about 10 -12 miles per week. I still want to keep up the running. Should I be doing crossfit in the morning then run at night? Or should I cut back a little on my running and focus on strength. Any advice would be wonderful.
    nikki

• Jenny

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this – super helpful to those of us out there needing a little boost.

• Stephanie

Hi
    How long should you rest between rounds?
    I’m only starting out now, so not sure 😉

Looks like a great workout! Waaay unfit, but giving it a try
    Thanks!!!

• Corey

So glad I found this website! I did an intro to Crossfit but cannot afford to continue so I am really looking forward to doing this at home! Thanks!

• TammyG

Thank you!!!
    I’ll be honest & say I’m not a fan of working out. BUT I’m even less of a fan of looking at a pic of me at 44, comparing it to a pic of me at 40 & thinking “blech!!”.
    Realistically, my sedentary self would likely drop dead if I walked into a gym or CF box so this is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I’ve already started a detox for the food side of my bad behavior.
    Massive transformation to follow. :-)

• Kelly

Im excited to start

• Mo

Started your six week workout this week! Omg! Killer! Loved it though, I’m still sore, but in all the right places. Extremely pleased with this workout and looking forward to the next few weeks! Thanks,

Monica (Mo)

• Jordan Rupp

Hey Sadie just started this workout. Total killer! Its like 2 degrees where I live and I dont own a treadmill. Do you have any suggestions on what I could replace the running exercises with?

• Kam

My personal trainer mentioned crossfit to me recently and doing some research I came across your site. Thank you so much for your video’s and all your really useful/helpful comments. I am hooked.

• Jordan Rupp

Needing suggestions on what to do instead of the running parts. Great workout. Week one done!

• elias

very nice and well explained – thank you

• Emilie

Is there a way to modify burpees for someone with bad wrists? I can modify push ups by putting the weight on my fists, but I haven’t figured out to do burpees quickly and without causing injury to other joints.

• Meagan

I’m wondering what size your hand weights in the video are? Thanks!

• parveen kadyan

Its good and sent to week 2.3.4.5.6 wod plz

• Mona

Hi :)

Just wanted to know if there is any modified version of burpees. Day 2 I couldn’t even finish the second set of burpees as my back started killing me. I didn’t even know how to get to 125

• tabatha

Quesrion about lunges. when it says 25 lunges is that per leg or alternating ?

• Brandie

Hi I have a question with your workouts. Ok day 4 you have strength 8-5-3-5-8…..and you mention “weighted” I get the weighted part but is that number sequence the amount of reps in 5 rounds?

Also I do not have the space to run 400 meters in my house and we are snowed in… Any other substitution? Maybe jump roping?
    I also can not run any where near a mile. Im doing a 30 minute from couch potatoe to 5k run with an app. But it’s interval running for basically 30 min. Could this be as effective even tho my completed run is not an entire mile?
    Ok now day 6 which I’m on today… Completed all days with some modifications this far… I see you wrote 10 min… Then the exercises… SOO do I do them for 10 min or do I the amount you specified… Or is this another EMOM type set?
    Ok last question… I’ve read this elsewhere but not specifically on your blog… When doing the WOD you complete each set with minimal rests? Or should there be a recommended rest period before each set but not each exercise in a set?
    I appreciate any response since I’m completely knew to cross fit and yet this type of exercising is right up my alley! I really enjoy every challenge you have set up and it’s kicking my butt. I’m not a newby to working out so I feel comfortable with form in my own home but after just having a baby these are great to do during nap time with out finding a sitter! Great workouts! I love them and hope you keep them coming!

• CJ

I REALLY want to start this at home program before joining a local box! However, there is only one week posted. Where can I find the rest?

• Sadie Jane

I have linked all other weeks to this week! Check out this post for all the links!!

• Paula Flynn

On Day 6, is the wod just alternating between the two exercises for 10 minutes?

• Konya

Just finished Week 6 this past Sunday and feeling great! Starting all over again today!

• Michele

I was wondering that too :)

• Sadie Jane Sabin

YES!!! Do each movement over and over for the amount of reps explained for 10 minutes! GOod luck! You will rock it!

• Sadie Jane Sabin

I hope I answered your question!

• Sadie Jane Sabin

So great to hear!!!

• Nash

Will this workout work for guys. I have gotten way out of shape. And I am very interested in crossfit and I love being able to do it at home. Would your 6 week plan work for guys.?

pingbacks / trackbacks