Thoughts…

You have to see this movie!
It’s brilliant!
I was driving home last night and thinking about my life…
it’s been almost 6 months since I stopped working as a Labor and Delivery nurse and it’s been an adventure I never thought I would have.
I was nervous and scared.
And to be completely frank…I didn’t feel like motherhood was as important as being a nurse!
I couldn’t have been more wrong!
 And yes…I totally got emotional thinking about how much I love being a mother!
I didn’t realize it but I have been preparing to be a mother…WE all are…throughout are whole lives!
The love and friendships we share with sisters, mothers, family and friends {in my opinion} ‘trains’ us to interact, love, teach and nurture our children.
When I was growing up I never really ‘liked’ kids…
I mean being one of the younger children in a big family…you would think that I would LOVE kids…and I do…but growing up I didn’t have a lot of patience and it was hard for me to feel a connection with them.
Those feelings made me nervous and scared to be a mother…and even when I was a mother…I was nervous to become a full-time mother.
I was able to use that time away at work to hide those feelings away and have some ‘me’ time.
 It’s only NOW that I realize how much I was wrong for feeling that way.
I still have moments {we ALL do} that I want to be alone…but being a mother DEFINES me.
It is who I am!
I am so extremely blessed to be a mother.
I am so glad that I have stains on my shirts from Reagan’s sticky fingers.
I am so glad I have bags under my eyes from going to bed late and waking up early.
I am so glad my house isn’t always placed perfectly.
I am so glad my hair is pulled back.
I am so glad I get to say prayers with her in my arms.
I am so glad I get to sneak into her room and steal kisses from her at night.
I am so glad I am a mother!
XOXO

• Jen.Steve.Joe

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Modern Wivelyhood

Sorry ^ that was me on the hubs account :) Such a wonderful post, you write beautifully and little Reagan is so lucky to have you! Such darling pictures!

• nicole.

LOVED that movie. made me want to come home and just snuggle with my littles.

“Eat my shit” baaahahahhahaha

• Meagan

Amen amen girl!!!!!!!

• jamie @ [kreyv]

Ahhhh, there’s nothing like being a mommy! It’s the best thing in the world! Reagan is SO adorable and lucky to have a great mamma!

• Cassidee Garner

My Mom loves the book help u should totally read it!

• Amanda

I absolutely loved that movie! Even my husband liked it, double win. I want to thank you for this post today. Even though I’m not a mother yet, I’ve always known I should and will be one. I work as a part-time nanny and there are days I have at work and other moments where I feel less than adequate to be a mother myself, let alone a good one. It’s so true that we are constantly preparing for motherhood! Thank you for putting some of my fears to rest. I’m happy I’m not the only person who feels or who has felt like this.

• Tyson and Jacquelin

I loved the book and the movie!!! Reagan is soo cute!!

• Dad

That is one of your most beautiful posts yet! You have a blessed and complete life. That’s all a parent can ever ask for their child. Love you so much!

• Jill@Barnes Yard

Perfectly said! Oh, The Help, love, loved the book, still haven’t seen the movie!