MASTER BEDROOM RECAP DAY 1: PAINT PAINT PAINT!

LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED PEOPLE!!!
Have you been wanting a fun, fresh new start to your master bedroom?
What if you have really been wanting to remodel but you’re on a tight budget!!
GIRLFRIEND, that was me!
AND this week I will show to you all how YOU can remodel your room all under 350 dollars!!
SO we are going to start at the beginning!
Let’s talk about painting shall we…
I think we would all agree that paint is the base of all decor.
It brings the room full circle and can make it warm, inviting and comforting.
With that let’s look at the sad pictures of my master bedroom before…
Although the room was warm and inviting it was missing that chic, funky fresh feel that I was looking for.
SO I took a BIG leap and decided GREY, WHITE and TURQUOISE!
Since I wanted to try to stay cheap…I went to Walmart for my paint!
Unfortunately they were remolding there paint area so they didn’t have much paint…
I got all my grey there and went to Ace Hardware to get the turquoise.
$25 PER GALLON
ALL SEMI-GLOSS
GREY: Charcoal Grey (2 GALLONS)
Brand: Color Place

TURQUOISE: Turquoise (1 GALLON)
Brand:  Royal

WHITE: Brilliant White (1 GALLON)
Brand: Dutch Boy

HOME DEPOT IS RUNNING A SPECIAL RIGHT NOW!
5 DOLLARS OFF EVERY GALLON OF PAINT.
Since the ceiling was painted as well I knew I was going to have to paint over it.
AND why not turquoise!!
$42.95
I HIGHLY recommend this stencil company!
It was thick and sturdy and I never had paint bleed!
Start your stencil from the top left corner of your wall.
Use a small roller 6 inches wide to paint your stencil.
When you start ensure that your stencil is taped securely to your wall.
Lightly cover your roller in paint and start in the middle of your stencil.
Make several light brush strokes until it is as light or dark as you want.
When painting your stencil make sure you paint from top to bottom then move to the next row on the right of your stencil.
The great thing about this stencil is the little notches on the bottom of the stencil to ensure that you space them out perfectly.
You can see them on the two pictures above!
I used a blow dryer to dry the paint faster and got it done within a day!!!
The room wouldn’t be complete without this stencil!
The paint really set the mood for the rest of my inspiration!
DAY ONE COMPLETE!
STAY TUNED TOMORROW WHEN I TELL YOU ABOUT CURTAINS AND WALL DECOR.
and just because I wanted to…
Oh this stink face never gets old!

XOXO

Todays Creative Blog Photobucket
Check out where else I’m linking up on the left sidebar!

• c.w.frosting

Brilliant turquoise! And love your photos, from the little one buried in the pillows to the jumping pic!

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

that stenciling is insane. I have no patience for that, but I’m glad you do so I can look at it!! the room looks so nice!

• Ashley Sisk

First of all, your bedroom is and was gorgeous. Love the last shot. Funny!

• Jessa Smith

This is gorgeous – I’d love to try stenciling somewhere in my house!
    ~Jessa

• {Trulie Scrumptious}

Looks so amazing girl! Can you come do my house next please??
    trulie-scrumptious.blogspot.com

• Jessica @ O. Alouette

Your bedroom is awesome! I love the turquoise and your stencil turned out great.

• Melanie

Wow! You rocked that room! Your my kinda girl, paint at walmart…LOVE it! Your lil cutie is too stinkn cute! Crazzzy cute!

• Chic Homeschool Mama

Love the room- the funny face & your jump shot! All fantastic!! So glad I found you today- I have never been here before & I’m sure I will be back again soon.

• Tabitha

Very cool stencil. I love turquoise and grey together. :-)

• Lori@KitchenFunk

I love the new look – your stenciling is amazing – but boy did I love the old one, too! And I particularly love the baby hidden in the pillows, lol.

• Natalie

I LOVE the idea of this room color combo! Grey is a color I will probably incorporate in our home once we buy one (we’re on the search!)

And that crazy “stink” face is soo cute! Love that little nose :)

• LrSchwtz

Love how it turned out! It’s so stunning. Please stop by http://www.laughloveandcraft.com and link up to my Share the Wealth Wednesday Link Party! I’m your newest follower!

• abeachcottage

Great job! Looks gorgeous, love the stenciling. And the last two pics are so cute. Thanks for stopping by Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays and joining the party

• Cheryl @ Sew Can Do

Great colors & such a transformation. Love the stencil too. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday:)

• Ginger

You have been featured at SSB! Check out the link below to see your feature:

Feel free to snag the I Was Featured button for you blog and I hope you’ll visit again soon!

xoxo
    Ginger
    SSB

Hi Sadie! I have been planning on buying this Damask stencil so It is great to see how yours turned out. Thank you for sharing your pretty room at my Open House party.
    xo,
    Sherry

• Lipstick on the Mug

Hi!! Your room is gorgeous and I LOVE the stencil. I live in Italy so I can’t go and buy it, but could you please send me a close up picture so that I can make it myself? It is just adorable.. My email is
    mail@jufeng.us
    Thank you!

pingbacks / trackbacks
  • […] I want to introduce Sadie Jane, the thrifty home decor enthusiast behind Simply Sadie Jane.  Sadie Jane had a warm and inviting master bedroom but it lacked her personal style which is […]